At TCS, we are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our operations through appropriate ongoing material management. This calls for a conscious effort across TCS in the following areas:
- Reduction of waste at source: All delivery centers and offices must manage operations to reduce the quantity or toxicity of waste produced. Such measures include, but are not limited to the following:
- Printing reports and documents, whenever possible, on both sides of the paper
- Updating mailing and distribution lists periodically to avoid overrun; use of e-mail whenever appropriate
- Giving preferential purchasing consideration to products that are reusable, refillable, repairable, more durable, less toxic, recyclable and which avoid excess packaging.
- Reuse of material wherever possible: All products and materials must be reused wherever possible.
- Recycling: It is the responsibility of every associate to separate identified recyclable materials and place them in appropriate recycling containers. Office paper, corrugated cardboard and aluminum beverage cans must always be recycled in the appropriately marked container. Other materials are to be recycled whenever feasible and wherever containers are provided. Reuse is preferable to recycling.
- Purchasing products with recycled content: All offices across TCS must purchase and use products manufactured from recycled materials whenever feasible. In particular, recycled paper products must be used. It is important that all recycled purchases be reported to the Admin/Purchase Department across TCS for record keeping and reporting purposes
In addition to the specific efforts mentioned above, all delivery centers and offices are encouraged to designate one associate as a Recycling Monitor who will serve as liaison to Head – Health Safety Environment.
The Office of Waste Reduction and Recycling will work with the Recycling Monitors and the delivery center associates to make recycling and waste reduction as convenient as possible. Active participation will trim unnecessary waste disposal costs, meet mandated waste reduction requirements and will help TCS meet its commitment to reduce the negative impact of its operations on the environment. This policy must be made available to all associates of the Admin and Purchase Department.
TCS e-Waste Management Policy
Tata Consultancy Services, being an IT-centric organization, contributes majorly to global electronic waste. Reaffirming our commitment to environmental protection, and in accordance with the stringent standards we set ourselves, the eWaste Management Policy reflects our objectives and practices towards this end.